Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dr. Cho's Presentation

When Dr. Cho came into class to speak about his experiences of sport on a global level, i had little idea of what he was going to say. I have had Dr. Cho as a professor before for Sport Law class and knew a little bit about his background and how he had come to America. I listened closely as he told the class of all of his experiences growing up as a child in South Korea and how sports influenced his life and led him to become a United States citizen. Professor Cho told us that he had even played on an organized football team over there growing up which i thought was surprising. I didn't think that American football was something of interest when it came to choices of sport for the South Korean people.

Another thing that Dr. Cho discussed was the experience of Korea in the world cup. I was astonished at the size of the crowd that showed up in the streets of Seoul South Korea to cheer their nation on. It reminded me of how much bigger of a sport worldwide soccer is than American football or basketball. Seeing the passion those people had for their country made me want to support mine someday and go to a world cup event.
Overall, Dr. Cho's presentation was very insightful on the impact sports have globally and I learned more than I could have asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment